Monday, June 15, 2015

Trust in the Lord

“But I trust in the Lord…” (Philippians 2:24)

Paul mentioned in the previous verse that he hoped to send Timothy to Philippi but right now he was not sure of what the future held for his possible martyrdom. Perhaps he would be able to go to Philippi himself.

When there is uncertainty in your pathway and the future has not been fully revealed, the best thing to do is trust in the Lord. The word tells us to, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding.” (Proverbs 3:5) 

Are you facing some kind of uncertainty in your future?  Talk to God about the problem.  Look in His Word for similar situations and how the Lord helped His own through their trying times. In the song, “I Know Who Holds Tomorrow,” we find these words: “Many things about tomorrow I don’t seem to understand; but I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment