Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Christian Behavior

“Only let your conversation (conduct, behavior) be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel. (Philippians 1:27)

My wife has told me several times that when she was a child, when her mother took her and her siblings with her for a visit, before arriving she told them to “be on your best behavior.” My wife said she knew that her mother meant exactly what she said.

God is concerned about the behavior of His children. His inspired Book tells us how saved people are to behave in this world. We are not at home here. We are “strangers and pilgrims.” (I Peter 2:11)  In our text the word "conversation" in the KJV means "conduct" or "behavior."  We are to behave in a way that "becometh" or "depicts" the gospel.  

My parents would sometimes say, “Don’t act like the neighbor’s kids.” If I behaved otherwise, they would somehow hear about it. Paul says, “I want to hear that you are behaving as Christians…”

Christian, how is your behavior down here?

No comments:

Post a Comment